The Old Grey Mare loves charity. Bronies are a wonderfully generous group of people, and the brony community has organised a number of wonderful charitable efforts. Here are a few of our favourites. (If you think we should add a link here, please contact us!)
Each week, we have a wonderful charity event held right on our show! Collectively, our efforts have netted $31,365.33 over the course of 13 episodes and 7 special events.
- Bronies for Good: The grandsire of brony charity groups, Bronies for Good (BfG) organises charitable donations, blood drives, community service efforts, and more. Their current project, Seeds of Kindness, is raising funds for a clinic in Uganda and a village for street children in Burundi. Donate and get a copy of the Massive Smile Project!
- The Traveling Pony Museum: Not a charity, but does charitable and community-service work. TPM is presently collecting funds via their Kickstarter. They've reached their goal, but additional money will help towards their efforts to buy pony gifts for patients at Seattle Children's Hospital. (TPM will be visiting them around the weekend of Everfree NW).
- The Humble Brony Bundle is a longstanding effort which gathers funds to purchase one really BIG copy of The Humble Indie Bundle on each of its iterations. By doing so, the brony community gives a tremendous amount of money to charity (and to the developers of fine indie video games as well). This effort also provides wonderful PR for bronies within the larger gaming community!
- Inked! Art for Africa: The creation of Scootaloo's VA Maddy Peters, this effort aims to raise money to fight famine in the Horn of Africa. Thanks to the generosity of the Brony community, their goals have been met— but additional funds would do additional good!
- Michelle Creber, speaking and singing voice of Apple Bloom and singing voice of Sweetie Belle, donates part of the proceeds from sales of her music to the Because I Am A Girl campaign.